This subcontractor agreement template is designed for virtual assistants who decide to scale their businesses and hire other virtual assistants to work under them. A virtual assistant (contractor) may need to hire another virtual assistant (subcontractor) to work for her clients on her behalf instead of turning away more work from existing clients or turning away new clients.
Things don’t always go as planned. So while you hope for the best, protect yourself.
This contract protects both the contractor and subcontractor. Use this template if you are a virtual assistant, online business manager or virtual assistant agency looking to hire subcontractors or if you are a subcontractor looking to work with a contractor. It is up to you to protect yourself as you work online as much as possible.
This contract template (+ all our contract templates) has been vetted by a practicing Nigerian lawyer with more than 10years experience.
- Simple payment terms to avoid confusion and ensure both parties know when the subcontractor gets paid, how much she is paid, and what happens if she doesn’t get paid. And the contractor isn’t tricked into paying more
- A clear list of services the subcontractor is required to provide to avoid confusion
- Termination clause for when the relationship doesn’t go as planned
- A confidentiality clause to discourage insider trading and ensure all your business secrets (plus your clients’ business secrets) stay private.
- A clear declaration of the kind of relationship the contractor and subcontractor have so you know your limits.
- A non solicitation and non-compete clause to protect you from subcontractors looking to steal your clients.
- Force majeure clause in case you can’t carry out your duties due to reasonable circumstances beyond your control.
- Electronic signing options so you sign your contract on the fly without breaking your head.
- Dispute resolution clause so you see the options you have if one party decides to act
- And so much more…
The hard work has been done for you in simple English you can understand, on zero legal jargons. All you have to do now is fill in the blanks with basic information (like your name and email) and have your contract ready in 10 minutes or less!